All about Weddings - Wedding Belles Cupcake Workshop
In this workshop, you will learn how to decorate twelve, freshly baked cupcakes using your own imagination and creative energy, alongwith a little help from professional tools and materials; and the finest Squires Fairtrade Sugarpaste. You will make a variety of edible, wedding-themed decorations, which can be applied to so many designs for cakes and biscuits; large and small.
Using a variety of tools, including some elements of edible Cake Lace, by Claire Bowman, you will create your own decorations to reflect your own idea for wedding cupcakes. Learning how to colour match to your theme, you will learn how to 'treat', colour and emboss professional quality sugarpaste into your own designs, and apply these to your cupcakes; including the amazingly versatile, and edible, Cake Lace. All edible and non-edible materials and tools, including twelve cupcakes, are provided for your use on the day. Refreshments are provided throughout the workshop, and you do not need any previous experience; the only requirement is, that you bring your imagination. Here are a few examples of what you can create within this workshop:
...these are just a few examples of how your creativity can create the most beautiful and unique cupcakes to celebrate a wedding, anniversary or even an engagement.
This is a four hour class running from 10am - 2pm and costs £70.
During this workshop you will:
- Learn how to use sugarpaste to cover your cupcakes, including 'treating' and colouring it to match your colour schemes
- Learn about, and use, edible cake lace, modelling paste, flower paste and buttercream to create your bespoke designs
- You will learn about embossing patterns onto your sugarpaste to create beautifully elegant designs
- Learn about using edible dusts, glitters and paints to embellish your beautiful creations
- Be shown how to create beautiful buttercream swirls for your cupcakes
- Learn how to use nozzles, icing bags and how to make beautiful buttercream, and if you would like to, to colour it
- Learn about edible lace, creating elegant effects suitable for both intimate and larger weddings
- Learn how to create, and incorporate ribbons and bows into floral designs, having created your own pearls and other decorations, as well as how to apply these to your cakes
- Learn about storing your edible lace and creations
- To complete your decorated theme, you will learn about edible paints and dusts, and use them to embellish your beautiful creations
- Complete your beautiful cupcakes with your own edible cake lace, ribbons and bows, hand made by yourself